Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Podcasts

Hi There
I have just had a wonderful few hours exploring pod casts and have uncovered some interesting sites and a way to link to pod casts. I have tried to focus on the full video and sound rather than audio only. During my web surf session I uncovered
http://www.podcast411.com/ which had a nice tutorial designed for those that suffer from Flashing 12 syndrome (i.e. those that still have their VRCs and DVD players set to a flashing 12:00). After a bit of a laugh, look and a search I decided to locate a podcast site close to my heart - cooking - and found a lovely cooking school based in Perth that has wonderful quick recipes and a special on local truffles. If only we had virtual olfactory senses as well as sound and video! The thing I like about pod casts is that you can rss subscribe and get exactly what you want without and ads, spam etc. I also found a great library www.lib.gla.uk/podcasts that were designing pod casts for subject specific areas and on request by academics and post graduate students. A good application of a relatively new and cheap multimedia format. Cheers PurpleNixieGirl.

No comments: