Thursday, November 15, 2007

Final task but not the last blog!

Hi again
This is the last blog entry I can manage before the show closes. I have missed a few entries so I will summarise my answers.


Top List of Web 2.0
The top list of Web2.0 is varied and rather intense once you are in it. I liked the form builder function which I will be using for my website (but with a coffeecup plug in) and I had a bit of a hit with the Arcaplay panda golf game which is suitable for the Friday late shift. Thanks for list - I will return to it at a later date to explore a bit more.

Learning 2.0
Has been a wonderful journey and an opportunity for me, which I appreciate (it really helped with my studies). I like self paced learning as I enjoy the motivation, however there was limited time to complete the tasks at work because I am a part timer.
I will continue blogging and will set one up for my family to use as we have many relatives and friends over seas. I originally spent hours using Front page to set up a website for this purpose but flagged it as it is too hard (don't even mention graphics.) I love the ease of use, the multimedia extensions, and the template options which can change without any dramas of losing your text, links or graphics.

23 Things has revealed how staff can work together to accept new technological challenges and in the process developed a sense of team spirit. There was definitely something new to talk about and I looked forward to blogging and reading/writing comments. I can see the possibility of the workplace becoming an active learning organisation (wonderful to work in!) so that technological changes will be received in a positive way.

The Blog concept will take off with ECU students and staff which is why it is so important for library staff to have a working understanding of web 2.0. I hope that it will become a professional part of the information service and become a featured link on webpages and blogs world wide. RSS feeds are applicable to so many elements of an information service. I think social tagging is a good concept if it is used with the right web resources (resource tagging perhaps and lose the social side!).
Second Life is not to far away but requires more technical management and resources from IT with firewalls, bandwidth etc. Flickr badges and podcasts are a good multimedia extension of blogs - easy to create and manage and don't require purchase of plug-ins.
All the best with the project - Cheers PurpleNixieGirl

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.