Monday, September 24, 2007

A Frustrating Week Four

Hi Again
This exercise, along with the intro RSS task has given me a good understanding of linking to RSS and the applications that it has for Library 2.0 technologies. As usual, I have tried to push it a bit further along and in my quest have come up against bit of a dead end. Adding the EBSCO link to Bloglines was straight forward, so how about exporting all my RSS feeds, including the EBSCO feed from Bloglines into my blog. Bloglines does have and export function so I selected it and there was a well presented list of RSS links with associated html code. Easy - I'll just include this into my blog using the Add Elements function and insert html code.
I inserted the code using the Add Elements function but it did not work - perhaps I need to change the code but I only have a limited understanding of html having worked with it with a GUI rather than raw code.
The next attempts have generated a bit of frustration as the 'add elements' option with that wonderful menu of what you can include in your blog page has gone! Disappeared! I'll keep looking for it and hope that I can find it soon. Cheers PurpleNixieGirl

No comments: