Thursday, September 6, 2007

But wait there is more....

Hi Again
This week I have had a few interesting blog experiences that have provided a bit more insight into how blogs can be customised. The first task was a live RSS feed which is done through the 'add page element' function in the settings area. Selecting the page element option revealed exactly how people can include graphics, text, clips and feeds etc into their blog. I have included an RSS feed of photos of the day and a list of web references that are of interest to me.
The second task was to assist a fellow blogger who could not locate the 'add a page' element on their blog template. Using the blog online help I was able to locate the html code setting and changed it from Yes to Np which seemed to do the trick. As for how the 'add page element' function disappeared from the blog template - who knows???
And coming around the corner was my last learning task of changing colours of the blog template and the look and feel of other pre-defined templates against my existing blog. I still have not made my mind up but I may change my look and feel during the week. Thank you for the comments - much appreciated.
Take care and enjoy! Purplenixiegirl.

2 comments:

eyesee said...

Good to see someone else appreciates "the shifted librarian"!
Well done on all the playing around and testing changes on your blog setup, and the helping others is also part of the librarians ethos.

ELLE said...

I like the new colours and I look forward to getting back to my blog and adding a few more elements. Thanks for the ground work
Elle